Sunday, October 26, 2008

Valley Bike Ride

Biking through the valley was a fun experience, and being a group leader made me look at it a bit differently than I might have otherwise. I recognized some of the things I had read about in the pamphlet, though I sometimes couldn't remember everything I wanted to, which was frustrating.

I was in a very small group, so keeping everyone together wasn't really an issue...

Biking through the valley was very different than on foot for a few reasons. First, you obviously get a different perspective of things, and I felt I couldn't enjoy the beauty quite as much as I would've liked because we were going quickly on the trail (it was such a pretty day, though!).

5 comments:

Jeff said...

I actually liked being on the bike, as opposed to walking. I thought the scenery was easy to appreciate just sitting there on the bike, coasting along. Ah well, that's just me.

First Knight said...

I agree with Jeff that because the place is so big, riding helps to grasp the big picture. The colors were awesome that day. But when you go slower you consider in more depth. I guess we all just need to go back over and over to appreciate all the park has to offer.

Sethna said...

Don't worry about not remembering everything. Even teachers don't remember everything. That's why they have answer keys.

Unknown said...

Well Laura you and I can go back one day so we can pick up on anything we missed.

Axel said...

i do agree with jeff and Mr. testa about how can captue the beauty of the valley and ride smoothly on a bike. but i have always loved walking though the woods.