Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ride Through the Valley


Lienne Sethna's Journal Response

Leading my group on the bike trip was a fun experience. For the most part, they listened and followed directions well. I had them stop at every sign and had different members in my group take turns reading them and shared some of the information I had concerning what was just read. Some were faster riders than others and I think that was frustrating for them to have to keep waiting for the slower ones to catch up.

Since I had a rather large group of 8, it was harder for us all to stay together so some in the group went ahead and some were behind. I didn't really learn anything more about Cuyohoga Valley on the trip but the readings that were given supplemented my knowledge of the area and helped me educate the members in my group.

I enjoyed leading my group on the towpath and I hope that they all learned more about Cuyohoga Valley.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

It is definitely frustrating when half the group wants to go fast, and the other half just meanders along. Good thing you developed a solution for it in the end.

First Knight said...

Perhaps there is a way we could divide groups more evenly and more based on skill for next year. Any thoughts?

Sethna said...

My sister is so smart. You can tell she's related to me.

Unknown said...

Wait Cyrus is smart? Thats news to me. I do think that pliting up groups on how fast they want to go would be great.

Anna C said...

Fast and slow are good dividers but also, big groups of people who are all really good friends tend to be not as focused so maybe randomly assigned groups would work better. Also, I got the feeling that some people didn't really want to be there on a saturday...but I don't know what we could do about that.

First Knight said...

It was a Friday that we didn't have school. Part of the reason many of them came was to be with their friends. We don't really have any auhtority over any of them because it is not a formal school funtion. It is just for fun.

Axel said...

me and others who didnt show up probably caused that problum with too many kids to one group sorry i had some where to be :( but i wish i could have experienced leading a group as one