Saturday, October 18, 2008

Entry Numbah 2

I didn't like the Stan-Hewet tour as much as I did the Hale Farms deal. The preplanned tour was... kinda boring. And had too small a space for so many people. I got a little claustrophobic. Although I did learn some pretty cool stuff, it just wasn't as fun. Now, the self-guided tour was interesting. But still, we ended up getting stalked by a guide and it felt like preplanned tour all over again.

The 21century imposed itself in a little, and in a lot of ways. The Stan-Hewet tour hit 21 century with all the modern fire alarms, light bulbs, and other glass cased stuff I'm pretty sure wasn't in the original designs. Hale farms was a lot less prevelant, though, still sort of there in regards to how some of the people acted and spoke. One girl was pretty into it in the vocals while cutting bandages for the soldiers.

Honestly, I can't say I preferred either place more. I liked the old down home style of the farm, and I liked the intricacies of the house. I'd probably pick the farm, to be honest, if only for the intriguing, if not complicated, style of living. Personally, I still like the black smith. He was pretty cool. At least, the rose was awesome in the true sense of "left in awe."


What I thought was better was just the "back to basics" feel that both places gave off. The disadvantage was that same thing. The whole "back to the basic" was not only its one redeeming quality, but it was also its own nail in the coffin.

9 comments:

Anna C said...

I agree that all of the modern technology lying around, even if it wasn't part of the tour, was a little distracting from the feel of history the tour was supposed to give us.

Sethna said...

I don't ever recall being "stalked" by anyone in particular Mr. Jazz Dingo.

The bandage cutting girl was pretty attractive.

The iron rose is hardcore. That and the snake have been there forever. He should make something new that's equally awesome.

Lienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alphie said...

I agree that the tour at Stan Hywet wasn't as fun as roaming around Hale Farm.

First Knight said...

I want you all to know that one of the reasons that the Stan Hywet tour was not as good is because I chose the wrong one. I thought the Nooks and Crannies tour would show us everything, but it only showed us the small, behind-the-scenes spaces. I should have chosen the House Tour which would have allowed you to go through the main rooms.

Lienne said...

I also liked the style of living in Hale Farm.

Unknown said...

I liked the behind the scenes tour but I would have liked the house tour too. I do agree that all the new technologies was distracting from the tour.

Andreas Johansson said...

However... we must take into consideration the assignment itself. Make sure to remember to make all journal entries in the formal voice, check your grammar, spelling, etc. before posting. Use the spell check, etc. But, nicely put about the self-guided vs. structured touring options. As previously posted, we aim to make these trips better in the future, so your comments do count. Keep up the good work.

Axel said...

hale farm was by far my favorite trip. the girl in the goldsmith house was really cool she played the piano really good and she got into her place in the village and did the voice inactment very well and it made me feel like she really didnt know what a voice recorder was