Thursday, October 23, 2008

Exciting Day in the Valley

My bike ride was very interesting. Leading a group was very fun. I do have excellent leadership skills. I was in student council at my old school and i am in charge of leadership council at Nordonia. I had a group of seven people. Most of which were my friends. For the most part they were well behaved. Before my group set off the one big thing i told them was to listen to me and to stick together.

The first few stops went very smoothly. My group did read the readings and they were very enthusiastic. the only thing with my group was the fact that they like to ride really fast. I knew that by the end of the trip they were going to be dead tired. At one point in our adventure we noticed this older gentleman following us and stopping with us. I called Mr. Testa to explain to him that we had a follower. At the time i did not know but a student later informed me that he was Mr. Testa's dad.

My group had a very high volume of energy so getting them to do stuff was not very hard. Also my group liked exploring to which was very cool because I was able to take a lot of interesting pictures.
This bike trip was a great way to learn about the valley. My group did have to do some questions but they enjoyed it. I also had a lot of questions about Valley Voyages and a lot of people seemed interested in joining next year. Overall the ride through the valley was a fun and educational filled day.





6 comments:

Anna C said...

I liked taking the pictures too. It was really pretty out that day with all of the leaves changing colors. Its good you had an enthusiastic group that wanted to be there because that is always helpful.

Andreas Johansson said...

Nice entry. Well written. But... please capitalize the 'I'! Other than that, nicely composed, informative. This is definitely a classic event by now, and next year, for Valley Voyages II, your leadership skills will be even more appreciated. Unless you're a Senior... I forget :-)

Sethna said...

/bumpety

I have decided that if I get a cape and a scepter I will be a better leader.

Alphie said...

The trees were such pretty colors when we were riding. Great chance to get so awesome pictures.

Haha about the 'stalker' thing.

First Knight said...

I want you all to know that I have had a great laugh with my father-in-law and the rest of the family about the stalker thing. He is truly one of the nicest people you would ever meet. He is a retired chemistry teacher from Barberton. I asked him to come because I thought his 35 years of experience in teaching and the sciences would add to our trip. I messed up by not introducing him, and did not recognize who Jessica was refering to when she called me that day. Jessica did exactly what she should have done by letting me know and staying alert on behalf of her group.

Jeff said...

Silly goose. When will kids these days learn that not all old people are pedo-rapists?