Friday, October 24, 2008

Biking in the Valley

The bike ride was fun and good exercise. I thought it was easier to read up on the places in the guide beforehand because then I knew where I was going and could tell what different ares were (the place with the beavers and szalay's). I thought the timing was a little off and everybody got behind so it felt really rushed. Being a leader, I could help with the questions and get the other bike riders to look at their surroundings and read the signs. Taking pictures was really fun and the path was really pretty. Overall, it was something I would do again but would like to spend more time on.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to see you pictures Anna. I'm glad you got a good exericse.

Andreas Johansson said...

Pictures are coming... Maybe I'll do them myself this weekend. If not, come on down to my room and help out! Also, if you have your own pictures, please let me know so that I may show you how to add them to the smugmug site for all to see! Send me an email!

Sethna said...

I think you guys should go back to the 22 mile thing next year. It really separates the wheat from the chaff.

Alphie said...

It was sad that it was rushed in the end. My group didn't want to stop anymore because we were so late getting back.

Aaaaand then they got too tired...

Can't win, can't lose.

=)

First Knight said...

When the gaps in the trail are complete we can put together an advanced group to ride a 50 or 110 miler. I let you know Cyrus.

I too found some time throughout the day to appreciate the beauty. Thanks for the reminder, Anna. This whole class is supposed to be about the process, and enjoying the experiences along the way.

Don't forget threre is a big project due at the end though. Refer to your syllabus or the website for an expanation. More dateails to come later.

Jeff said...

50 or 110 miler? Oh please don't offer extra credit for that one.

Anna C said...

er, yeah...not too sure about that long of a bike ride...

First Knight said...

About 5 years from now when the Towpath in the north is complete we will do 50 miles. In about 10 years when the entire thing is finished we will do all 110. You all can come back for the VV reunion.