Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On the day of Oct. 5th i was searching for a job since i was unemployed at the time. sometime
later i was hooked up with the labor department, which was a group that was meant to help
people who were unemployed. i decided to go to a workers camp. i went there because of my
money situation i am poor. I tryed to get a job there with the bureau of forestry because my
skills and talent relate to that field. I would like to learn about forest habitats, conservation and
any thing i can do otherwise to improve the forests. and at the time i thought teddy Roosevelt
was doing a good job because of his efforts to improve economy and peoples every day lives.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



What I thought of the recent trip to cuyahoga metro parks. I thought it was a great learning
experience and it was so much fun. i had learned about the contents of rocks and the history of
the old happy days lodge. I think my favorite part of the hike was either learning about and
being in ice box cave of being/ climbing on the huge rocks to collect data and wright in our
binders. After the great hike i loved the idea to bring in Mr. Boltz, and have him teach us about
orienteering. So over all i had a great time and learned alot. :)

2 comments:

Sethna said...

mmhhmm.
The Transfer Act of 1905 renamed the "Bureau of Forestry" to the USDA "Forest Service".

Theodore Roosevelt died in 1919. He left office in 1909. Franklin Roosevelt, his cousin, was the president who succeeded Herbert Hoover. He didn't take office until 1933.

The initial crash occurred on October 24, 1929 with follow up downturn on the 28 and 29 which fanned the flames of widespread panic.

Jeff said...

Uh oh, I spy historical inaccuracies.