Monday, September 22, 2008

A trip in the valley

I really like this class and I had a great time at Saturday. I enjoy being in the nature and this is a great idea for a class. The cameras is also a good idea, and it makes the experience more fun. Not just follow some questions, but explore on your own. I didn't really understand what we should do with the binder, but it is probably a good idea.
What I didn't really like was the orienteering, it is probably fun for those who haven't done it before but i done it quite a lot in school. An other thing is the questions, some of them were a little bit odd. I mean when we should write a dialog, it is probably a good idea, but when your are at such cool place, at least I don't want to think about such things. I just want to think about whatever I want.
Because I'm not from around here, it was fun to learn about the nature, and the history of the valley.

6 comments:

First Knight said...

Thanks to Gustav for getting his post in so quickly. We appreciate the honest comments about the good and bad of the day. Make sure you comment on the second part of the journal assignment. To all those who have not posted yet, remember this is one of the main part of your grade. Take it seriously, get it in on time, answer all parts of the journal prompt, and use formal writing. When you respond to others, it can be more informal. Finally, don't forget we are a learning community. We are here to support one another. Be positive, even if you want to counterpoint, be kind. Thanks to all, especially Mr J for a great start on Saturday.

Lienne said...

I agree with the comment about the dialogue question on the Scavenger Hunt. Thinking about what mythical creatures would talk about in the woods distracted me from just being outside looking at nature and learning more about history in our area.

Sethna said...

I agree with the things that Gustav had to said. The dialogue was interesting, I thought that it was a good way of forcing us to think about and observe very carefully the place that we were in. If only everyone would have taken it seriously, and we had the time to complete it properly.

Anna C said...

I agree with the comment about the binder, even though I couldn't attend this event. I think that if we have to answer questions we might learn more effectively, but we also will not be as focused on our surroundings or get to explore as much on our own.

little miss laura said...

I don't really have anything more to say than everyone who has posted so far..I didn't go, but I agree with Anna on the point that if we have to answer questions, we'll probably learn and absorb more but we might not get to enjoy the scenery as much and explore some.

Jeff said...

I agree with him about the dialogue and the binder. It was difficult to appreciate my surroundings so much and try to get a creative writing assignment done at the same time.