Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lienne's Experience On September 20, 2008

My had an exciting experience on Saturday when we went hiking and orienteering. The cameras we were allowed to use were a good way of documenting our trip and made me look at things in differents angles in order to get a good photo. The binders could be a good idea when there is more information to record and carry around. However, I found it distracting me from nature by having to constantly check the scavenger hunt questions to make sure I was answering them and not missing any. I liked the simple questions where all you had to do was read a sign or observe something simple because it made me focus on my surroundings rather than leave them to answer a complex question. Orienteering was fun and it seemed like a good challenge if you really tried to get from place to place instead of just walking around following the person in front of you. I plan on using the free card Mr. Boltz gave us and go for a real orienteering experience.

4 comments:

First Knight said...

Glad you liked the cameras. I see what you mean about how they make you view things differently. I promise we'll make better use out of the notebooks in the future.

Sethna said...

Very nice Lienne.

Anna C said...

The orienteering sounded like fun and I'm sorry it missed it but I'm looking forward to not being sick for the next event because it sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Jeff said...

This seems to belabor the point a little bit, since this is all over the blog, but I agree that the binders were a bit of a distraction, and it might be better to fill out questions and things after the fact, instead of having to worry about them during the trip.