Friday, September 26, 2008

Reflection of 9/20

I have to say that this is the funnest class I have yet to take in high school. I think this is more like a contemporary style class where everything isn't just book work, but instead getting out and doing things and learning about the place we live. I veryt much enjoyed last Saturday's trip. All in all I think that it went well for being the first time. One thing that I really enjoyed on Saturday was the orienteering. I have had some experience with orienteering in the past but it has benn at a much slower pace. I really enjoyed being able to go off of the trails and do some exploring, along with getting my legs all cut up. Overall I didn't think anything was bad except maybe we just need to stay on a stricter time guidline because we were falling behind a little bit. I also think that the questions we got to answer helped us to not just walk around but instead do things like read those signs that noone reads. Best of all I can't believe the equipment we get to use. Most of my teachers worry when i borrow a pair of scissors let alone a digital camera and camcorder, those are phenominal products. I can't wait until the next valley voyages trip I will be looking forward to it.

4 comments:

First Knight said...

We want to treat you as adults who can be responsible, not only with some equipment, but also with your own learning. Anytime you can write something that shows how the experience and/or the equipment helps you learn is good. We can take that data and use it for new grants in the future.

Anna C said...

I think it is cool that everyone got to use camcorders and cameras. I'm sorry I missed this event and didn't get to do the orienteering either.

Lienne said...

I agree with the idea that this is a contemporary style class and enjoy doings things where you have to do your own learning and apply to the day's events.

Jeff said...

i can't agree more with your point about the cameras and camcorder. Many of us are approaching adulthood, and are very mature and careful with things, and it's frustrating when teachers still treat us like little kids who can't hold something without breaking it.