Friday, September 26, 2008

Reflection of the Day: 9/20

I had a lot of fun last Saturday. I really enjoyed hiking around in the woods and the asides that Mr. Testa and Mr. Johansson made throughout the day. I found their insight to be extremely informative and, overall, set the tone for the day.

I found the binders to be a little bit annoying. I understand that the intention was to force us to pay attention and be aware of what was going on during the day, but I found them to be a nuisance because many of the tasks or questions took away from the experience.

A lot of my new knowledge came from the handout that Mr. Johansson produced for our reading beforehand. I did not know that CVNP had been touched by the CCC until reading that. The local historical connection made it a fascinating experience for me.

The cameras were great. They allowed me to focus on the landscape and produce some pretty cool pictures for the smugmug.

I am a big fan of Mr. Boltz, he first introduced me to the concept of orienteering in 8th grade, and I've wanted to try it ever since. This was the opportunity to do so. It was rather difficult, but I'm planning on going to one of the events on the calendar that he gave us.

3 comments:

First Knight said...

Thank you for making the connection to what we were doing and the local history. We don't want this to just be about kicking around in the woods. I thin Mr J is going to the orienteering event on Oct. 3.

Anna C said...

I thought the information packets and websites that we read before the event were very helpful, although I did not go to this event and did not get to really make the connection between the readings and the actual place. I checked out the pictures and I think the cameras are a very good idea because I got to see a little of what everyone else got to see through the pictures.

Jeff said...

I also did not know that the CCC had been so influential in our area until this trip. Very informative overall.