Friday, September 26, 2008

Response to Journal #1

Overall, there wasn't much I didn't like about it. It was fun, easy to understand, and went by too fast. Heh. That was about the only thing I didn't like, the fact that I was having so much fun, I kept forgetting I was learning at the same time. Oh if only all classes were as fun as that day.
I can't really say there is anything to fix. I mean, like I said, it was easy and fun. The activities in the binders weren't difficult, and in fact hardly dampered a thing about it. It in fact made me have a few more interesting sights as well as some thinking about what I was actually writing down and where we were going.
The most interesting thing that I learned was how Happy Days was and still is one of the oldest most intricate Wormy Oak structures in the United States. Not only that, but the sandstone work was also an added bonus of intrest, considering I've seen things like it, but I was unaware of where and how they got it. Whats more was the stone pillars buried under the ground of about four feet.
I gotta say, I've used a lot of digital cameras and camcorders, but those cameras were pretty fun. Quick shot, face finder, and a few laughs when it found "faces" in just pure rock walls.



Part 2, The Diary Entry:

July 12, 1933
I live in the city. I have to say, I hate it.
I have no job. No money, and luckily, no immediate family besides my parents.
I am 19 years old. I hardly ever have money.
My name isn't really important, but what is important is that I know I need to get out of here. I heard of this neat thing, the Civilian Conservation Corps. At least Theo is trying to do something to fix all this mess. I don't hate him, but I don't like him. In my own opinion, he's not doing as much as he could. But, he's still trying, which is enough for me not to complain too much.
If you haven't figured it out yet, I need to leave for some kind of job. I don't really care what I have to learn, but something, anything is better than where I am now.

Your indifferent friend
-Michael

9 comments:

First Knight said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the day so well. What do you think the CCC experience will do for your indifferent character's attittude and finances?

Anna C said...

I like the use of the CCC and how your character is interested in it. I don't understand how your character is indifferent though if he cares about finding a job.

Sethna said...

Try the scene mode in the future. There won't be faces on rocks.

Nice work, FDR as "Theo" is a first for me.

Lienne said...

It seems like your character doesn't really know what he's doing in life. I don't really think people would be that "indifferent" when they were on the street and going to bed hungry every night.

Jeff said...

this is more a comment on the comment, but someone may be indifferent after so many years of starvation and all that. As he said, anything is better than where he is now, so other than that, it doesnt matter much.

Axel said...

i really liked reading your post and i like how you put together your writing about how u lived in the 1930's

Jazz Dingo said...

In regards to me calling FDR "Theo" that was an embarrasing accident that I did not realize I made until it was pointed out.
But I shall now attempt to play it off like I meant to do it.
Michael, indifferent toward any president in office as well as anyone else around him, got confused about the Roosevelts, and wrote "Theo" instead of "Frank"
lulz.

And I called him "your indifferent friend" for various reasons.
One, he doesn't really care about anyone else but himself and his family, thus he appears to you as an indifferent bystander taking what he can and giving as much as he would.
He's also indifferent toward the people in office, so politically, he doesn't much care so long as his position changes for the better. Even though he can't really do anything about it if it gets worse anyway.

So, I hope that explains it.

Jeremy said...

i agree 100% on the fact that it was hard to realize that this was a class when we were doing something like hiking through the woods, it is a very fun "Class"

Sethna said...

Frank is also wrong.

Fail.