Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stepping into a Time Machine

Out of all the museums, I choose the Western Reserve Historical Society.

I enjoyed our tour of the library; it was very interesting seeing how the counties grew. Our tour guide didn’t seem to leave anything out, and showed us how to use the different resources the library had to offer. She also gave us some fun facts to take home with us. After the tour I was very excited to find my grandpa on their computers.

If I were curator I don’t think I would change anything about the museum. All the displays were informational and fun to explore. However, if you wanted any additional information or had any questions, a guide was nearby. The only thing I would try to fix would be the leaky ceiling.

Since Akron and Cleveland depend much on their ecotourism for my final project I want to find a better way to attract more people to our lovely parks down in the Valley for my final project. It would also be fun to attack people on the paths and interview them.

7 comments:

Sethna said...

I think the leaky ceiling adds personality and creates ambiance.

Anna C said...

I agree that the tour guide seemed very thorough with her tour and information regarding the library and the history of the valley. I think that attracting more people to the parks would be a great final project idea.

Lienne said...

Good idea for your final project! The solutions you come up with will be cool to see and try and put into action.

Jeff said...

I really like your project idea.

First Knight said...

What I like about your project idea is interviewing people who are out using it. When the weather breaks be sure to borrow a voice recorder and get out there and talk with people. I know you don't have the recorder this weekend but the weather will be warmer. Maybe you can get some things written down.

Axel said...

good project idea i want to do something on the parks to but i dont know yet

Axel said...

good project idea i want to do something on the parks to but i dont know yet