Friday, January 30, 2009

Crawford Auto Museum

I liked looking around at all the different cars because I remembered seeing them as a kid, but now I can actually remember what they were. It was also neat to look at the history of the beginning of when car were first made, to now with size, motors, and everything else.

If I was curator of the Auto Branch of the Museum I would probably make the space between where the people can stand bigger. Doing this would make the preservation of the car to a more original state. I would also disable the car horn so that people (not mentioning any names) or group would not be a disturbance to others in the museum.

While trying to raise funds with donations and such, the museum has to balance their spending on the different exhibits. People that come to museums like this are cutting out certain things on their budget. This would be something simple but easy to not spend on. So in a future look, the income of the museum will slowly start to go down. The exhibits will become the same for so many years, especially since some of the cars are on a lease.

When we were in the library I probably should have been looking for things to do a project. Instead Jeremy and I looked through some files to see if we could find who used to live in our house. We ended up not being able to find anything, but it was neat to look at the materials that we had access to.

Since I really wasn't looking for anything on my project at the library. I think I've found what I am going to do while at the Crawford Auto Mueseum.

8 comments:

Sethna said...

I want one of those horns with the bulbs that you squeeze for my car.

little miss laura said...

Interesting point about the space between cars...I hadn't thought about that. But then again, I didn't go to this museum.

Alphie said...

I agree with you on the space.

It would be nice to see the cars from all angles too..

They're so nice...

Anna C said...

So what are you going to do with the Crawford Auto Museum for your project? You didn't really say...

Anna C said...

So what are you going to do with the Crawford Auto Museum for your project? You didn't really say...

Lienne said...

I don't fully understand what you meant when you were talking about the income of the museum going down. What exhibits were cutting back?

Jeff said...

What exactly are you doing for your project that involves the auto museum?

First Knight said...

Most museums and historic organizations are finding funding difficult in these tough economic times. There was an article in the Beacon Journal this weekend about how the Akron and Cleveland Art Museums are cutting back on personell and open hours.