Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lienne's University Cirle Trip

I visited the Western Reserve Historical Society on our Friday, January 23 field trip.

The tour of the library was a good way to learn how to use one of the many resources available for our final projects. It seems to have all the information on the Valley and the surrounding areas since the 1800s.

The other part of the museum was the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum. It had many exhibits and historical information. It has something for every age group. If I was made curator, I would make the exhibits a little more eye catching because the informational parts were boring to look at weren't fun to read.

The censuses from the different years painted a picture of what the neighborhoods of our community looked like in that time. This helped me understand how different businesses that came either helped or weakened the economy or how they grew our community.

For my final project, I wanted to do a "now and then" of the Valley. I also wanted to tie in the new park coming in by Mustill Store and how this could affect the future of the area. I wasn't able to spend too much time working on my final project because we ran out of time, but I am planning on using the pass to come back and use the abundant sources available there.

6 comments:

Sethna said...

I agree with your comments about "eye catching" I didn't think of that.

I like your final project idea.

little miss laura said...

I like your comment about making things more interesting to read & eye-catching...I don't tend to read those things (because I usually don't feel like it, and the font is sometimes too small to read) so that's a big issue for me to keep me interested in a museum.

Cool project idea!

Anna C said...

If you want to tie in the new park, how about a 'then, now, and future' of the valley?

Anna C said...

If you want to tie in the new park, how about a 'then, now, and future' of the valley?

Jeff said...

Anna seems to be fond of double-posting. We ban people for that sort of thing where I come from.

First Knight said...

I love the Lock 14 Park. I can get you contacts with the people involved in the project. Maybe you could be a part of their work. Summer internship perhaps?