Friday, November 14, 2008

Akron Industry

**I would like to preface this entry and just comment that I wasn't able to do anything before the Spaghetti Warehouse due to prior Saturday morning engagements, so I will answer/journal about as much as I can...

The city seems to be progressively moving towards economic success by the research and experiments done at the University of Akron. I'm not going to lie--a LOT of what the guy said went over my head, but as long as there ARE people that understand polymers and all that good stuff, I'd say Akron's in pretty good shape.

3 comments:

Anna C said...

A lot went over my head too. I could never picture myself working there. It sounds way too complicated.

First Knight said...

What do your think about the new housing? Can Akron sell enough townhouses and penthouse, at around $1 million, to make that new building worthwhile. Compare that living to the government subsidized housing at the bottom of the hill. Does it mesh together?
What about the location of these housing developments? Where will people get groceries?

Sethna said...

What a shameless way of attempting to shirk the assignment. Missing half of the day. Psh. Shame on you.